Author Topic: Love Island UK 2018  (Read 12554 times)

Offline KittyGalore

• Global Moderator
Love Island UK 2018
« on: May 23, 2018, 06:44:33 PM »
Love Island starts on Monday June 4th on ITV 2

Offline Danj

• Advanced Member
Re: Love Island UK 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 07:56:28 AM »
OK, once June comes around I will see if I can get that for posting here.

Offline KittyGalore

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 03:19:04 AM »
Love Island bosses have revealed they've considered adding live feed from the villa.
Show producers have been quizzed on the prospect ahead of season four starting on Monday.
But as of right now, Love Island says it won't be following in Big Brother's footsteps just yet.
Big Brother famously offered viewers the chance to tune in 24/7 when it first premiered on Channel 4.
However coverage was slowly cut back and eventually dropped, with the show currently airing on Channel 5 without any live feed.
ITV2 Controller Paul Mortimer told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Big Brother stopped doing it at the point at which the audience got a bit fatigued by it.
"If we did it then it would have to be on another platform. Not on any linear channels. We wouldn't give over ITV2 to do it.
"At the moment we don't feel like we need to pull any more things out the hat because the show is doing really well as it is. If there a chance that a live stream might in some way mean the main show got fewer eyeballs then that would be a reason not to do it."
ITV's Angela Jain added: "On Big Brother, the biggest amount of views came when the people were asleep in the house.
"The joy of the show is having that one hour a night that you look forward to which has become part of the national conversation. I think that feels quite special. It's become appointment-to-view television."

Offline KittyGalore

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 01:06:17 AM »

Offline KittyGalore

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 01:10:48 AM »
This started tonight.

Offline Danj

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 07:42:57 AM »
This started tonight.

First episode is now up in the video section. http://bigbrothertv.me/index.php?topic=1344.0

Offline Graham_UK

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:26:08 PM »
The launch show got record ratings the most watched show in the history of ITV2 and double the number that last years launch show got.

The launch show of the new series of Love Island has given ITV2 its biggest-ever audience.

It broke the record set by the finale of the 2017 season of the dating show.

An average of 2.95 million viewers watched as the new islanders entered the Love Island villa, looking for love - and hoping to win the £50,000 prize.

It's more than double the audience for last year's launch show. The premiere was the highest-rating programme at 9pm, across all channels.

The show was on from 9pm to 10.35pm. In the same timeslot as the start of the show on BBC One was Suffragettes with Lucy Worsley, which got an average audience of 1.73 million.

Love Island had a 16.4% audience share and peaked at 3.4 million viewers. The total number of viewers is also likely to rise when catch up services are included.

Last year's launch show was watched by 1.3 million viewers.

Full story on BBC news - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44369531

Offline KittyGalore

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »
I would wish they would show frontal nudity.

Offline dirtdirt

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 07:42:35 PM »

Yes and If they had sold some live feed it would have been off the charts. Perfect summer show.

Offline Rigby

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 09:10:27 PM »

Yes and If they had sold some live feed it would have been off the charts. Perfect summer show.

Yes, their logic that without livefeeds people wouldn't talk about is crazy. Livefeeds would feed social media all day and daily show would reveal the full truth. Love Island really is a good show, just lacks that aspect.

Offline Graham_UK

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 09:36:03 PM »
Although ITV2 will think they don't need a live feed as they launched to huge ratings, I believe that a live feed would keep the ratings high as it would generate a lot more interest and talking points.

Offline SosaDeluxe

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 10:36:10 PM »

Yes, their logic that without livefeeds people wouldn't talk about is crazy. Livefeeds would feed social media all day and daily show would reveal the full truth. Love Island really is a good show, just lacks that aspect.

They're worried livefeeds would drive down ratings for the hour-long show, which is probably true. But it's kind of backwards logic in this day and age.

Offline Rigby

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 11:16:13 PM »

They're worried livefeeds would drive down ratings for the hour-long show, which is probably true. But it's kind of backwards logic in this day and age.

I know but their point has not be proven right anywhere, in fact it has been proven wrong recently with older show gaining back audience with new livefeeds (spain is a good example for that).

Offline KittyGalore

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 11:26:44 PM »

I know but their point has not be proven right anywhere, in fact it has been proven wrong recently with older show gaining back audience with new livefeeds (spain is a good example for that).
If they did have the live feeds i would hope that they wouldn't censor them like GH Spain.

Offline Rigby

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 01:32:10 AM »

If they did have the live feeds i would hope that they wouldn't censor them like GH Spain.

I was more talking about how 2 of their long dead reality shows were brought back with feeds that gathered nationwide attention and huge following than the censoring haha